Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tub and Shower Cleaner that AMAZES

These 2 ingredients will clean your shower like never before- it really is AMAZING!
ONLY 2 Ingredients Needed!!!!!

What you need:
1/2 cup Dawn Dish soap
1/2 cup Vinegar

Yes!!! REALLY!!! That's all you need.

You need equal parts of each ingredient. (I made 8 ounces, because that worked best in the bottle I reused.)  Warm the vinegar in the microwave being VERY CAREFUL not to inhale the vinegar when you bring it out of the microwave.  If you do this, be warned....I TOLD YOU SO! 
The solution is a milky blue color.

Pour the Dawn Dish soap into the vinegar and gently mix together. Pour into spray bottle.

Now, if you are like me, you will head straight to the shower and try it out. You won't need as much as your old shower cleaner. It is soapy, obviously, so you have to rinse it.  Really stubborn soap scum build up?  Let is soak for awhile or overnight.

I clean my shower every day- really, it's true- but since finding this, I sometimes skip a day (gasp!) and there's no build up of nasty!  YAY!

Now that my shower has NO BUILDUP at all; I cut the Dawn Dish soap in half, so this is how I make it now for the size bottle I have...
1 cup Vinegar
1/2 cup Dawn Dish Soap

Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I think u are nuts for cleaning your shower every other day... how dirty can 3 girls and one husband be? Lol im a once a week cleaner... i'll try this out this weekend... thanks...

    Side note, your husband doesnt even have a dirty jod???lol ocd much? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW...but I used to let my shower go sooooo long, because I hated the fumes to clean it, so it would get REALLY bad...like "Mom, I will clean the shower before you come babysit and have to give the kids a bath" dirty.
      Sidenote: I might be a little OCD- hehe!

      Delete