Monday, February 13, 2012

A Popping Valentines Day

Our Valentines for this year. Each of my girls, ages 3, 9, and 11 picked out a color scheme that they liked and my 9 year old "designer" went to work with my Digital Scrapbooking Software.  This one was my favorite!



We made big batches of Koolaid Popcorn and filled little treat bags with that yummy treat, attached the valentine to the top, and super cute valentines were DONE.

Here's the recipe for that:
Kool-Aid Popcorn

Popcorn (I popped 1 cup of kernels in my hot air popper)
1 cup corn syrup
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter

2 packages kool-aid
1 tsp. baking soda

Pop the popcorn.  Pour into a large roaster pan.  Stir together the kool-aid and baking soda.
Melt butter, corn syrup, and sugar together.  Boil rapidly, stirring continuously for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add the kool-aid/baking soda mixture. (It will bubble up.)
Pour this mixture over the top of the popcorn in the roaster. Stir until popcorn is coated.

Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Stir. Bake for another 10 minutes. Stir and bake for an additional 10 minutes.  Immediately pour it out into a large bowl and allow to cool, breaking it into pieces once cool.

ENJOY!


Our middle little lady wanted an "Awesome" valentine's box (of which I am not good at.)  So, to Pinterest we went and she found a robot one she liked. I think it turned out pretty great- what say you?


Then the "baby" wanted a great Valentine box, too, so we came up with this and she was super excited about hers.


So, Happy Valentines Day!  Do something nice for your sweeties!

1 comment: