Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Shaving Cream

I first saw the recipe and thought, "Will it really work?"  But I figured for around $1.00 what did I have to lose?  With 4 girls in the house, I figure we will be using lots of shaving cream for the next 20 years.  My oldest daughter and I have been using it for three months now, and I JUST had to make a second batch. (Disclaimer:  I do NOT shave my legs every day, so this may not last as long for you.  I will have to use more in the summer months; the trade off to warm weather.) 

We like it and have experienced NO razor burn at all. 

My husband just ran out of shaving cream and grabbed our bottle that sits in the shower.  I was skeptical that it would work for really coarse facial hair and so was he as it is a lot thinner than commercial shaving cream.  After using it, he asked me to make him some in a more "manly" scent.  WIN!


So, do I have you convinced to try it yet?!?!?!

Here's what you need:
1 cup shampoo
1 cup conditioner
1/3 cup lotion
1/3 cup baby oil












Combine all ingredients.  I mix everything in a large measuring cup with a mini whisk.


Pour into desired container. 

Here is what I keep them in- just bottles we have emptied from other product- someday, I will get pretty containers for all of my homemade goodies, but for now these are "FREE" and I kinda like FREE!
I keep the small bottle in the shower and the other is for refills.


Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. that sounds really good, but I am so cheap and just a bit lazy to go along with it so I use a bottle of 99 cent sauve condition to shave my legs and underarms. I have been doing this for over 20 years and it works great, and my legs are soft.

    ReplyDelete