Monday, March 26, 2012

Freezer PB&J's

When given a choice on what kind of sandwich to pack in their lunch, ALWAYS go for the Peanut Butter and Jelly and why fight that?  But every day making sandwiches- UGH!  Again, I am a To Do List Check it Off Kinda Girl...so...

I decided to try out what I had seen on other freezer cooking boards.  Plus I figured if Smuckers can do it, so can I.

So, out came the peanut butter, jelly, loaf of bread, Pampered Chef Cut 'N Seal, and spreading utensils.

I put peanut butter on both sides of the bread to try to eliminate soggy bread with the jelly. 

Then jelly in the middle- just one side.


Bread together, cut and sealed, ready for the freezer.  :)  A week of sandwiches in just a little more time than doing them 2 at a time!

And all the scraps I froze, so that I could make bread pudding with another day! 

I made some Cheese sandwiches this way, too, so that they can QUICKLY become Grilled Cheese...I will update when we actually have them...seemed brilliant to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment