Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Super Princess Valentine's

For Valentine's day my boys wanted super hero valentines. This is due in part to the fact that my husband still dreams of one day becoming a superhero. When he was a kid he would dress up in yellow pants, shirt and cape and he became Yellow Man... he had the power of yellow. I'm still not sure what that power is and Norm won't tell me what that means? LOL My boys now are in love with all superheros. At any given moment, you will see my youngest son Connor in yet another costume. Hailey, on the other hand, is a mixture of both wanna be superhero and princess.
Hailey choose butterflies for her Valentines.
Yet again to get ideas for almost anything I head to Pinterst. Hailey's valentine was made with Cake Basics cricut cartridge, for the butterfly outline cut at 5 1/2 inches and George Basic Shapes for the circle and heart. I used my Gypsy to cut out everything so I didn't have to punch out the hearts or circles. I just set images overtop of each other to make cuts. After the butterflies were cut out I folded them in half without creasing them and made two slits to slip the sucker stick through. Glue your circles on and write your message and you're done.




Both boys wanted the same valentine so this made it easier on me. For the cape and mask I used my Superman Cricut cartridge. Then on both valentines I put the boys initials on the back of the cape. For the hole in the cape, you could use a hole punch. If you have the Gypsy like me, I just overlapped my cuts to make a circle at the top of the cap. That's it pretty simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment