Thursday, February 23, 2012

Homemade Fabric Softener


I originally found a recipe online and began to use it, but I still found that my clothes were full of static.  The adjustments I made have helped (more vinegar.)  And NOOOOO my clothes do NOT smell like vinegar. They don't really smell like anything.  I love how much money I am saving by making my own cleaning products.
3 simple ingredients
One of the secrets to less static is not overdrying your clothes- sometimes tough to do.

I love to add baking soda to my towels (I just dump about 1/4 cup on top of my towels as I put them in the wash.)  My towels are incredibly SOFT when I do this!

Here's what you need:
6 cups water
6 cups white vinegar
2 cups hair conditioner (I like fresh breeze, rainfall, etc...scents,  but you can use whatever you like)

Mix all together with a whisk and pour into a large container.


Use in your Downy ball and put in the washer. 


Some people wet an old rag with it, squeezing out the excess, and put it in the dryer with their wet laundry.  (I haven't tried it this way, yet.)

Costs around $2 to make almost a gallon of fabric softener. You use it just like regular fabric softener!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment