Sunday, February 12, 2012

German Chocolate Truffles

Be ready to be a HERO when you make these...seriously!!!!  The staff at my girls' school go crazy when I make truffles. 

Ingredients
1 Box German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Container German Chocolate Frosting (it's the caramel with coconut in it)
White Chocolate for dipping

Directions
Bake cake according to package directions and allow to cool.
Crumble into a large mixing bowl; add frosting to the crumbled cake mixture. Mix well- I find it is easier (although messy) to mix with my hands. Cool in refrigerator.
Scoop out the cake mix by the heaping teaspoon and roll; place in refrigerator or freezer to get them firm.
Melt chocolate. Take the rolled cakes out a few at a time and dip in the chocolate and allow to cool completely.

This recipe can also be found at The Serendipity Bistro.  Check out that blog for more great recipes from my good friend, Nikki and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment